Monday, February 1, 2010

Orange Clouds Raining in My Head.

I'm often asked why I'm so in awe of Tori Amos, after all these years. Well, here's why:

Silent all These Years


My scream got lost in a paper cup.
You think there's a heaven where
some screams have gone?
I got 25 bucks and a cracker
do you think it's enough to get us there?


'Cause what if I'm a mermaid?
in these jeans of his with her name still on it.
Hey, but I don't care
'Cause sometimes
I said sometimes I hear my voice
And it's been here
Silent all these...



I'm pretty sure this is one of the most powerful songs I've ever come across. An intense story embedded in each stanza. How could it possibly not inspire awe? 11 years hence, it still does.

4 comments:

Soin said...

she reminds me of serj.since dido's this is only the second female song i like.but for my mood tis heavy.and i guess theres no use in asking you to listen to certain metal subgenre..free

mgeek said...

I love almost anything with piano. thanks :-)

Sherry Wasandi said...

@soin: Why is Serj keeping such a low profile anyway?

True. But I would like to take recommendations from you. Metal subgenre or otherwise.


@mgeek: For me, it's almost anything borderline cryptic. :-)

Soin said...

soad are in studio.anyways try windowpane,closure by opeth.soft songs.i presume you listen to radiohead.susheela raman's music for crocodile is decent too.free