Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Word of the Day.

apocryphal \uh-POK-ruh-fuhl\, adjective:

1. (Bible) Pertaining to the Apocrypha.
2. Not canonical. Hence: Of doubtful authority or authenticity; equivocal; fictitious; spurious; false.

Apocryphal ultimately derives from Greek apokruphos, "hidden (hence, spurious)," from apokruptein, "to hide away," from apo-, "away, from" + kruptein, "to hide."

................................................................................................................

Days like these convince me, that Dictionary.com daily subscriptions are far more prophetic than the horoscope.

4 comments:

Param Saraf said...

....

Sherry Wasandi said...

**

-/

Anushka said...

Irrelevant, but I read the beetroot post, and it made me laugh my ass off.

Sherry Wasandi said...

Glad to see my misery as a serviceable substitute for a sense-of-humor.

I could get used to this...